As you know, we all must do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Whether working from home or having to work at the office and/or plant because your company is essential for the community and overall infrastructure, we must take precautionary measures to ensure the safety and health of ourselves, families and employees.
As you know, Bexar County and the City of San Antonio has a Stay Home, Work Safe order in place. To that note, if you are an essential company, you need to follow the guidelines provided by the CDC, OSHA and our community. I have provided all of them in this email.
It has come to my attention, SAPD and Metro Health are paying visits to businesses to see if they are complying with guidelines (social distancing) for businesses. Please adhere to them and if you are visited, please let me know.
City of San Antonio Information for the Public:
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads,
Patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.