On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, the San Antonio Manufacturers Association (SAMA) held our annual Awards and Recognition Luncheon at the San Antonio Country Club. SAMA recognized incoming and outgoing officers, board of directors and committee chairs and highlighted their commitment to serve SAMA and its initiatives. We also recognized and awarded outstanding members, manufacturers and associates who made a difference with SAMA, their companies and community, and helped make 2021 a successful year!
New 2022 SAMA Officers:
- Chair – James Franks, President, Franks Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Chair-Elect – Patrick Garcia, President, Division Laundry & Cleaners, Inc.
- Vice Chair Membership – Tony Bruns, Employee Benefits Consultant, USI Insurance Services
- Vice Chair Programs – Bill Rafferty, South Central Director, Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center
New & Re-elected Board of Directors:
- Todd Boley, President, PDS + CNC Machining, Inc.
- Dollie Bodin, Sr. Account Executive | Government Relations Specialist, The Trade Group
- Mona Helmy, CEO, Helmy Plastic Manufacturing & Industrial Design
- Daron Lofton, Sr. Vice President, Frost – Banking, Investments, Insurance
- Brett Morgan, Sr. Vice President, SWBC Insurance Services
New SAMA Committee Chairs
- Education – Mary Batch, Manager – Talent Management, HR, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, Inc.
- Government Affairs – Bob Kilgore, Special Counsel, Gardner Law
Outgoing Officers and Board of Directors
- Jason Visosky, Director of Operations, Aalberts Dispense Technologies
- Vice Chair of Programs – Bill Cox, President and CEO, Cox Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- Board of Director – Richard Hawk, General Manager, San Antonio Testing Laboratory
2021 Recruiter of the Year – Tony Bruns, Employee Benefits Consultant, USI Insurance Services
2021 Manufacturer of the Year – Knight Aerospace
2021 Associate of the Year – Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center
2021 President’s Award – Doug Carlberg, President & CEO, M2 Global
Rey Chavez, President/CEO, thanked all for their tireless efforts and time in helping our industry, and SAMA, for being the best in our state, region and local San Antonio Community.