The San Antonio Manufacturers Association (SAMA) is 107-Year-old organization whose mission is to be the voice and advocate for manufacturers in our South-Central Region of Texas. Additionally, we are a leader, and innovator, in the manufacturing association field, providing regulatory and governmental oversight, offering best in class training, and certification opportunities for our members’ employees.
We also provide the following per our association’s goals and objectives:
- Proactively monitor manufacturing related issues and participate in local government, ensuring city and regional officials and policy makers understand what’s important for manufacturers to succeed.
- Promote manufacturing to enhance its perception by the public, schools, and our communities.
- Examine workforce and economic development issues with the aim to both sustain companies and our San Antonio Metroplex area.
- Provide educational opportunities to benefit our members, their employees and ensure the future labor pool will have the skills necessary to support growth in our industry.
- Host events that provide relevant information on key issues affecting business and create forums to build relationships across companies and industries.
- Provide an annual South Central Texas Manufacturing Trade Show & Conference
We also bring top speakers from across the industry to pass their knowledge and experience during our numerous membership events we offer throughout the year. SAMA provides up to date information on safety, compliance, leadership, and best practices though our annual seminars. Our new peer groups for manufacturing CEO’s, Operations and IT offer a small group atmosphere, providing participants the opportunity to learn from one another and collaborate on ideas prominent to their business.
We work for manufacturers and associates by influencing public policy and regulatory matters affecting manufacturing and guide the education and training of future generations of manufacturers. We also facilitate the sharing of best practices, workforce development and business opportunities while fostering relationships for the benefit of our members.
When you join SAMA, the benefits are numerous for those actively involved in SAMA.
Your company and employees are entering into a vast network of like-minded individuals, manufacturing companies and related businesses who want nothing more than to see you succeed. Your membership also ensures that education for today’s workforce and the leaders of tomorrow are given the best opportunity to succeed.
Being a member also means you have access to a network of companies that are more than willing to share their knowledge and expertise. We provide many forums to help you expand your network and create partnerships that last a lifetime.
Along with your commitment to SAMA, we ensure that you will have a voice in local government. Whether it’s costly regulations, utility rates, zoning and permitting for expansion or something as routine as repairing potholes, we are here to make sure you have a voice. Your success is our success. SAMA highly encourages you to join us.